1) untamed, de-domesticated vessels of life’s potency. The blueprint for unhindered lineages of liberation contained in each of us. Fertile ground on which to plant our wildest dreams.
2) a Black and Brown-led intentional community, ecological farm, and healing sanctuary focused on transformative justice, earth stewardship and intergenerational responsibility.
WILDSEED Community Farm & Healing Village is a space to actively experience the change we devote our lives to, with each other as co-creators of our present reality. We are descendants of legacies of deep division and trauma, and devote ourselves to cultivating collaborative, reciprocal relationships with each other and this magnificent land as a mechanism of resilience, agency, and intergenerational accountability.
Surrounded by mountains and adjacent to a state forest, WILDSEED is situated on 181 acres of land and water in the mid-Hudson Valley. We are a collective of people committed to stewarding this incredible resource as a permanent safe space for the sustenance and strength of our movement community, and a site of belonging for people historically disenfranchised from land. We are a community by and for Black, Indigenous and People of Color, queer and trans folks, farmers, artists, activists, healers on the frontlines of state violence and environmental injustice.
Our collective work is guided by the following core principles:
- Embodying the World We Dream Of
- Healing Present and Ancestral Trauma
- Confronting Institutional, Interpersonal, and Internalized Oppression
- Ecological Guidance & Reverence for the Earth
- Dignity & Self Determination
- Communal Intimacy & Interdependence
- Radical Imagination & Courageous Artistry
- Liberatory Economics
- Transformative & Restorative Justice
- Accessibility & Inclusivity
- Movement Building & Education
- Intergenerational Responsibility
- Wildseed collages
- Truthworker Retreat
- Natural Plastering
- Spring Equinox
- Maple Sugaring
- Wildseed NYE
- Spring Snow
- Land & Structures
- Winter 2016 updates
- Spring 2016 updates
- Summer 2016 updates
- Fall 2016 updates
- 2016 year in review
- Spring 2017 updates
- Summer 2017 updates
- 2018 & 2019 updates
- You can make a tax deductible contribution to WILDSEED, using the button below.
We are grateful for your support toward sustaining this longterm vision for the health and self-determination of our community.
THANK YOU FOR WATERING OUR WILDSEEDS!