WILDSEED [wahyld-seed] noun
1) untamed, de-domesticated vessels of life’s potency. The blueprint for unhindered lineages of liberation contained in each of us. Fertile ground on which to plant our wildest dreams.
2) an emerging Black and Brown-led, feminine-centered, queer-loving, earth-based intentional community, organic farm, healing sanctuary, and political and creative home forming on 181 acres in Millerton, NY, 2 hours north of NYC.
WILDSEED Community Farm & Healing Village is a space to actively experience the change we devote our lives to, with each other as co-creators of our present reality. We are descendants of legacies of deep division and trauma, and devote ourselves to cultivating collaborative, reciprocal relationships with each other and this magnificent land as a mechanism of resilience, agency, and intergenerational accountability.
Surrounded by mountains and adjacent to a state forest, WILDSEED sits on an aquifer, has a river running through it, vast wetlands, an apple orchard, 3 ponds, 2 houses, a barn and massive garage, 3 fireplaces, sauna and pool, and 40 farmable and buildable acres. We are a collective of people committed to stewarding this incredible resource as a permanent safe space for the sustenance and strength of Black, Indigenous and People Of Color, Queer and trans folks, those impacted by the criminal (in)justice system, and other communities on the frontlines of ecological disruption.
Our collective work is guided by the following core principles:
- Embodying the World We Dream Of
- Healing Present and Ancestral Trauma
- Confronting Institutional, Interpersonal, and Internalized Oppression
- Ecological Guidance & Reverence for the Earth
- Dignity & Self Determination
- Communal Intimacy & Interdependence
- Radical Imagination & Courageous Artistry
- Liberatory Economics
- Transformative & Restorative Justice
- Accessibility & Inclusivity
- Movement Building & Education
- Intergenerational Responsibility
- Wildseed collages
- Truthworker Retreat
- Natural Plastering
- Spring Equinox
- Maple Sugaring
- Wildseed NYE
- Spring Snow
- Land & Structures
- Winter 2016 updates
- Spring 2016 updates
- Summer 2016 updates
- Fall 2016 updates
- 2016 year in review
- Spring 2017 updates
- Summer 2017 updates
- Join a Seed Pod – for ongoing commitment to supporting the development of a particular focus area of WILDSEED.
- Come to a community work party to be part of a collective effort to renovate the structures and care for the land (sign up for our mailing list to receive invitations!).
- Contribute to action items – come up outside of workdays to lend a hand. You are welcome to stay at WILDSEED and enjoy the space, the pool, sauna, the nearby hikes and waterfalls in exchange for a few volunteer hours.
- Offer prayers, blessings, and material donations!
- Make a financial contribution to WILDSEED, using the form below.
If you’d like to learn more, please feel free to contact us. In every case, thank you!
We are grateful for your support toward sustaining this longterm vision for the health and self-determination of our community.
THANK YOU FOR WATERING OUR WILDSEEDS!